The incident happened between 11 and 12:30 on 17 March at a house on Nibshaw Road.
Suspects forced entry into the property through a window and went on to make an untidy search and found distinctive watches and jewellery.
Items which were taken included:
- Omega Co-Axial Aqua Terra
- Omega Geneva watch – 18 carat gold with diamond bezel
- Omega 14 carat gold Hunter Pocket watch
- Walthem 14 carat gold pocket watch
- Three Ladies 14 carat gold pocket watches
- Three 9 carat double Albert pocket watch chains
- Fifteen 9 carat gold fob seals
- Large silver Albert pocket watch chain
- Fourteen fobs
- Distinctive Ladies silver fob watch on an Albertine chain with articulated fish vinigret
- Two gold sovereigns from 1879
- Omega ‘Bird cage’ clock
- Variety of gold men’s and ladies watches
- Gold charm bracelet with gold charms
- A small metal safe containing cash and passports
PC Sally Baines of Kirklees CID, said: “The items taken during this burglary are very distinctive and unusual and will stand out if they are offered for sale. They represent a lifetime of collecting antique watches and this incident has caused the victim considerable amount of distress and heartache and we are working to reunite these pieces with their rightful owner.
“I would urge anyone with any information about this burglary to contact me at Huddersfield CID via 101 quoting crime reference 13170122780 or alternatively information can be passed to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”