The award which is only given to accommodation, attractions and restaurants which consistently earn positive reviews from travellers is considered to be the gold standard in customer satisfaction and is highly sort after by tourism businesses.
Positive reviews include one written by ‘70ish’ from Worcester who says: ‘It is a lovely place to stroll through in the evening the coloured fountains are so beautifully reflected in the mirror pool, a really lovely space.’
Another from ‘gordonmpearce’ says: ‘City Park has really transformed the centre of Bradford – it is a lovely space to walk through and it attracts lots of people especially with various events on throughout the year – a must see!’
‘A R’ states the space is a ‘superb place to a spend a day out with the kids but don’t forget to take spare clothing and towels. Highly recommended. Well done Bradford.’
City Park currently has four out of five TripAdvisor stars from a total of 54 reviews.
Since opening in 2012, the space has had over 25 million visits and has been credited for contributing to Bradford’s economic regeneration.
City Park has received a host of accolades with awards for its lighting, fountains, design, landscaping and impact on the local economy.
These have included:
- Urban Design Group’s Project of the Year Award
- LUX Urban Lighting Project of the Year Award
- Considerate Constructors Scheme Award
- CECA Award For Construction Excellence
- Local Government Making A Difference in Yorkshire & Humber Award
- British Construction Industry Regeneration Award
- Royal Town Planning Institute Award
- Marsh Christian Trust Fountain of the Year Award
- Landscape Institute’s Design for a Medium Scale Public Development Award
Coun Alex Ross-Shaw, Portfolio Holder for Regeneration, Planning and Transport, said: “We are very proud to receive TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence.
“A huge amount of effort went into developing City Park and staff continue to work hard behind the scenes to ensure the space delivers a world-class experience.”