Dec 1, 2014 at 4:47 pm #1295
By registering or participating on Urban Echo’s web site you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions. Our goal is to provide a high quality discussion environment for our visitors, Guests & Members these terms are in place to prevent disruption and to maintain a safe and friendly discussion environment.
The following terms apply to the discussion forum, chat room, member blogs, image gallery and any other interactive sites or services. A “post” is defined as any message, comment or media contributed to the above.
Never give your password or login name to anyone else or allow others to use your account. Always log off any shared computers to restrict 3rd party access.
1. No spamming
Common forms of forum spam include but are not limited to:
• 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum/site to advertise or promote a product, site or service.
• 1b. Recruitment: Do not recruit or invite members in to joining other sites, groups, services or forums.
• 1c. Multi-posting: Do not post the same post or topic in more than one place on the forums.
• 1d. Topic bumping: Do not post ‘bump’ or some other short text solely to return a thread to the top of the topic index.
• 1e. Participation requests: Do not ask members to take part in offsite surveys, petitions, contests, campaigns or fundraisers.
2. Post content
In the interests of keeping the forum as safe and family-friendly as possible please remember the following:
• 2a. Offensive material: Do not post anything that is excessively violent, sexually explicit, depicts images of death, gore or that is of an otherwise overly graphic nature.
• 2b. Illegal material: Do not post material that is in breach of any law or that describes or advocates illegal activities such as taking, growing, buying or selling drugs; the sale or promotion of weapons, hacking, trespassing, downloading pirated software, movies or music, participation in criminal offences or plans to enact criminal acts.
• 2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages where possible.
• 2d. Accuracy: Do not post material that is knowingly or intentionally false, inaccurate or misleading.
• 2e. Garbage: Do not deliberately post nonsense either for personal amusement or to wind up other members, keep your posts sensible.
• 2f. Private content: Do not post the content of private messages/emails or the personal contact details of other members.
• 2g. Language: As this is an English speaking site/company we ask that our members post only in English. Mobile phone text, fictional languages are disallowed.
• 2h Medical advice: Do not use the forum to request or provide help with medical conditions or medications, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor.
Please be civil and courteous to other members at all times.
• 3a. Racism or hatred: We have zero tolerance for racism or hatred towards any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.
• 3b. Harassment: Do not harass, threaten, bully or victimise other members.
• 3c. Profanity: Do not use profanity, crude, vulgar language or attempt to intentionally bypass the profanity filter.
• 3d. Flamebaiting: Do not taunt or bait another member in to an argument.
• 3e. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.
• 3g. Suggestive conduct: Do not post sexually suggestive comments, innuendo or engage in inappropriate sexually oriented personal exchanges or harassment.
• 3h. Multiple accounts: Do not post under more than one alias at the same time or pretend to be more than one person via multiple accounts.
• 3i. Thread off topic: Do not derail or ‘hijack’ threads with posts that are either off-topic or designed to draw attention away from what is being discussed.
• 3j. Defamation: Do not use this site or its services to attack, promote hatred towards or otherwise defame other web sites, forums, groups or individuals.
4. Signatures and profiles
Please remember the following regarding signature and profile content.
Note: Members may place a link to their own web site in their signature providing it is non-commercial in nature.
Please be sensible when it comes to what you put in your profile. We reserve the right to remove any signature that we deem to be unsuitable, inappropriate or disruptive.
• 4a. Advertising: Do not use your signature or profile to promote commercial products, services or web sites.
• 4b. Distracting images: Please avoid the use of flashing or overly distracting animated signature or avatar images.
In the interests of maintaining constructive and friendly discussions:
• 5a. Personal attacks: Attack the point being presented, not the person who is making it.
• 5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.
• 5c. Personal scrutiny: Do not attack or scrutinise another member’s intelligence, mental status or personal/educational background.
• 5d. Topic bashing: Do not enter a thread just to shout “fake!” or to state point blank that “x does not exist”. Elaborate on your response.
• 5e. Disrespectful conduct: Do not be rude, unpleasant or disrespectful towards other members – always be polite and courteous.
• 5f. Capitalized character’s: Do not write in all uppercase letters, writing in this manner is considered “shouting”.
• 5h. Redundant quoting: Avoid quoting large amounts of material just to provide a short reply, only quote what you need to in order to avoid ambiguity.
• 5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the ‘report post’ button.
6. Moderator action
Has a privately owned company/web site we reserve the right to remove any post that we deem to be inappropriate, offensive or intentionally disruptive, or to take any action necessary against any member whose behaviour we deem to be inappropriate, offensive or intentionally disruptive. Action taken is done on a case by case basis and is dependent on the nature and severity of the violations, but can include anything up to the banning of the account and IP address.
By using the forum services you agree to the following:
• 6a. Compliance: You agree to co-operate with the requests of our site staff should you be asked to stop doing something that they deem to be disruptive, inappropriate or in violation of the terms of service.
• 6b. Protest: You agree not to attack, harass, threaten or become abusive towards any member of staff. Members who become offensive or participate in harassing, threatening or retaliatory action against the site or a member of staff will be subject to further action. All our moderators are volunteers who give up their own free time to keep the forum a safe and friendly place, please treat them with the respect that they deserve.
• 6c. Appeal: Do not start threads, make posts or use the chat room to complain about, petition against or to query moderator action. If you disagree with action taken by a member of staff you have the option to appeal the decision by PMing a moderator or administrator.
• 6d. Access: If your access or posting rights have been revoked, do not register more accounts in order to circumvent this restriction or have another member post or deliver messages on your behalf. Accounts that we find belong to previously banned members will also be banned.
Urban Echo reserves the right to change or add to these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and in any situation the decision of an Administrator is final.
- This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by admin1.
The topic ‘Forum Rules’ is closed to new replies.