Latest – Bradford West Member of Parliament, Naz Shah, has been selected to sit on the Home Affairs Select Committee.
Ms Shah, who defeated George Galloway earlier this year, is proving to be a popular figure within the Labour Party and is working tirelessly to improve Bradford West and the city as a whole.
Speaking to Urban Echo, Ms Shah states: “It is with great privilege that I announce my unopposed selection to the very important Home Affairs Select Committee.”
Ms Shah’s current areas of work include:
– The investigation into the late Lord Brittan
– Reform of the Police funding formula
– Countering extremism
– Migration crisis
– Immigration: skill shortages
– The work of the Home Secretary
– The work of the Home Office
– Psychoactive substances
Ms Shah concludes, “I endeavour to play my part and hold this government to account”.